Here’s where I’m at with the game as of now.
A pretty crude beginning, but some of the main parts of the engine are there. This video shows the progress I’ve made so far with CTF Copter.
What I have done:
- Plugged in the Three.js and Physijs physics engine.
- Built a Skybox.
- Generated a random terrain using the Diamond Square Algorithm, height-based texture merging using GLSL shaders and very uniform city blocks made out of Plywood .
- Built a helicopter engine sound in the WebAudio API using Granular Synthesis (I’m quite pleased with the effect I got).
- Got myself a shiny new EC2 hosted server.
What I haven’t done:
- Implemented the WebSockets Server (Node.js)
- Implemented most of the game!
- Made the game graphics look nice which is going to mean learning much more about shaders.